COVID-19 Update: Most in-person events have been cancelled until further notice.
Check the event organizer's website for more information.
- This event has passed.
Indianapolis Dept. of Public Works Job Fair
August 27, 2018 at 8:00 am - 1:30 pm
DPW is looking to hire:
• 6 Crew Leaders
• 6 Heavy Equipment Operators
• 23 Maintenance Operation Technicians
• 1 Heavy Equipment Technician
The right candidate for these new positions will have a high school diploma or equivalent; will be a resident of Marion County; and will have obtained and will maintain a valid Class “A” CDL license.
On these new teams, crew members will need to: • Assist workers of other crews in their duties. • Complete minor concrete work.
• Perform chuckhole patching, debris removal, sidewalk/curb patching.
• Ensure temporary traffic controls at work site. • Trim tree limbs so they do not block signs.
• Keep daily records and log of work completed and supplies used.
• Perform related duties as assigned, and observe and follow all safety regulations.
• As applicable: Plan and lead the coordination of materials, equipment and crew members.
• As applicable: Operate and/or maintain a variety of powered construction equipment.