COVID-19 Update: Most in-person events have been cancelled until further notice.
Check the event organizer's website for more information.
- This event has passed.
Employer Day at Pendleton Correctional Facility
May 16, 2018 at 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
You are invited to join Indiana employers to see firsthand a skilled workforce capable of meeting many of the employment needs in our State. Please note that the times are tentative.
Annually, the Indiana Department of Correction (IDOC) releases several thousand individuals back into our communities. A number of these formerly incarcerated men and women have made positive use of their time during incarceration and prepared themselves for the task of gaining and maintaining meaningful employment upon release. These individuals are ready to make a positive contribution to your business and the all- important bottom line.
The “Employer Day” event will include:
- Touring the PEN Industries/IDOC manufacturing plant
- Interacting and learning more about the work and the workers
- Hearing directly from employers who have brought their work inside the prison environment
- Learning about the process and transition from former offenders who are succeeding in community employment
- Attending a question and answer session with IDOC and PEN Industries staff dealing with a variety of topics to include:
- Legal liabilities
- Transition from prison to community employment
- What are the barriers/challenges
- What are the advantages
- How do I nd out where and when these quali ed individuals are returning
- What are the skill levels of these individuals
- Do they have the soft skills necessary to succeed
If you have questions and would like further information, please respond to Doug Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org or Angela Cupnii at email@example.com.