COVID-19 Update: Most in-person events have been cancelled until further notice.
Check the event organizer's website for more information.
- This event has passed.
Early Childhood Higher Education Fair
December 1, 2018 at 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
You know the importance of higher education, especially for adults on a non-traditional learning path. Here’s your chance to make a difference for those who have a passion for educating our littlest learners. This especially includes children from birth to age 5, but also includes those who provide care to school-agers before school, after school, and during breaks.
How can you help? Be a part of our Early Childhood Higher Education Fair! We aim to provide a non-intimidating environment that provides resources to aid those interested in pursuing a degree in Early Childhood Education. We need organizations of all types – local colleges and universities, scholarship and financial aid organizations, libraries, workforce development advocates, community centers, or any corporate citizen who can help remove technology or work/life barriers for our participants.
Give me the details!
Who will be there? Our participants are non-traditional prospective students with an interest or background in early childhood education. Perhaps they started school but didn’t finish. They may have been a child care provider for years but don’t have the formal education to advance further in the profession. Or, they could have degrees in other subjects but want to pursue a course of study focused on education. We are currently surveying potential attendees to get a better understanding of their specifics needs and goals.
How much does it cost? The session is FREE for both participants and exhibitors, and free parking is available.
What should I bring with me?
– Signage to represent your organization
– Brochures to hand out to participants, detailing how your organization can help
– Any technology needed to represent your organization; we have wi-fi available, but you should bring anything else
– SWAG/freebies – anything that participants can take with them to remember who you are and what you do!
– For colleges and universities: applications, placement test information, financial aid, admissions contacts for Early Childhood Education programs, transfer agreements, information on student life
How do I register? Fill out our registration form to let us know more about you and your organization and what you need from us that day.
Email Mollie Smith at MollieS@nullchildcareanswers.com. if you have additional questions or information to share.
We look forward to seeing you there!