COVID-19 Update: Most in-person events have been cancelled until further notice.
Check the event organizer's website for more information.
- This event has passed.
BY Construction Training Class at J Everett Light Application Due
April 1, 2019
Indiana Construction Roundtable Foundation’s BY Training class will be held at J Everett Light from April 16 through May 30, with a hiring day on May 31st with employers attending and interviewing for open positions. ICRF anticipates that everyone who completes the course and wishes to be employed will be hired (average starting wage of applicants who complete this program is $20/hr, plus health insurance and 401k plans).
Construction curriculum will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays (Apr 16 – May 30) from 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm at J Everett Light, located at 1901 E 86th St, Indianapolis.
When referring individuals to this program, encourage applicants to list your organization, program, or department as a referring partner. Applicants must complete this online application.
Upon completing the application, applicants are required to complete a TABE test with MSD Washington Township. The tests are offered on Tuesday, April 2 at 9 AM and 5 PM.
TABE location: Northview Middle School, 8401 Westfield Blvd, Indianapolis, IN 46240 (Contact Erin Radford at firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 259-5275)
Applicants must also consent to background screening and pass a CCS Drug Testing.
Please NOTE: People who have previous convictions are encouraged to apply. We will be using this information to compare with our hiring partners and the felonies that they are unwilling to accept.
Applicant is responsible for going to Midwest Toxicology for their drug test. The downtown location for Midwest Toxicology is 603 E Washington St #200, Indianapolis, IN 46204. Upon arrival at Midwest Toxicology, applicants should let them know they are there for a “5 panel test for the Indiana Construction Roundtable Foundation”. There is no charge to the applicant for the drug test. This is paid for by the Indiana Construction Roundtable Foundation. Paperwork will be completed on site at Midwest Toxicology.
This program is free for participants and includes all class and test materials, drug screening, CCS and OSHA 10 cards.
– Must be at least 18 years of age
– Must be physically fit and able to lift 50 pounds
– Must consent to a criminal background check (Having a criminal background will not automatically disqualify an applicant from participation)
– Must TABE test on April 2 to demonstrate good reading and math
– Must pass a drug test
– Must have access to reliable transportation or a plan to secure reliable transportation by the end of the program
– This program has the support of construction employers serving residential, commercial, and road construction markets
– Applicants do not need to have previous experience in the construction industry to apply
– Graduates of this program will participate in a hiring event on the last day of class, and we anticipate that all graduates will have job offers
– The average starting wage of applicants who complete this program is $20 / hour, plus health insurance and 401-k plans
– If graduates from our class wish to continue their education through Ivy Tech, their credentials earned through BY Training may apply to their continued education